EtimaNews | Latest News updates in Nigeria

FEATURED

LATEST NEWS

ENTERTAINMENT

WORLD

SPORTS

ONLINE SHOP AND DEALS

SPORTS: Neymar Unfollows Cavani on Instagram After He Refused to Allow Him Take a Penalty Kick (Video)

Edison Cavani and Neymar 

After a row over who should take a penalty kick in their last match, Neymar has reportedly unfollowed Paris Saint-Germain team-mate Edinson Cavani on Instagram, Sun UK has reported.

It all started after the pair clashed over who should take a free-kick against Lyon before Neymar took the kick when Cavani was lining it up for a free-kick. The world-record signing then tried to do a similar thing when Cavani stepped forward to take a penalty, which Cavani vehemently refused.

The Uruguayan refused to hand it over before seeing his spot-kick saved by the opposition goalie. Neymar’s fellow Brazilian Dani Alves was also spotted trying to help his compatriot out by shielding Cavani from the ball. And Get French Football claims the Uruguayan reacted very badly at the end of the match.

It’s said that within 20 minutes of the final whistle, Cavani had already packed his bags and left the Parc des Princes. He also decided to skip the mixed zone and the rest of his team by sneaking out using one of the stadium’s back entrances.

Following the row, manager, Unai Emery feels everything is under control as he’s NOT going to step in and sort out the situation. He said: “I have told them to sort it out between themselves.”

Watch video below: 

Edison Cavani and Neymar  After a row over who should take a penalty kick in their last match, Neymar has reportedly unfollowed Paris Sa...

Dangote Truck Used for Smuggling N47million Contraband Poultry Into the Country Intercepted (Photos)

The dangote truck seized by men of the Nigeria Customs Service 

The Nigeria Customs Service has seized a truck belonging to the Dangote Cement Company in Ogun State with about 3,000 cartons of contraband frozen poultry valued at over N47 million.

This was made public by the Comptroller of NCS in the state, Sani Magudu during a press conference on Monday. He said the driver escaped after the truck was impounded but the motorboy was apprehended.


The truck, with the inscription Ibese 13 and registration number ICT-13E-047, was parked on Monday within the command premises in Abeokuta fully loaded with the products.

Mr. Madugu said investigation showed that the frozen poultry was being transported into Nigeria from Benin Republic.

“A trailer belonging to Dangote Group loaded with 3,000 cartons of frozen turkey was intercepted on Saturday 16th September,2017 at about 3.45 a.m. along Sagamu-Abeokuta interchange,” he said.

He said the smugglers were not aware that they were being monitored from‎ the point of packaging of the products until the vehicle was impounded at about 3.45 a.m. on Saturday at Sagamu interchange, which links the Lagos-Ibadan Expressway‎.

“We are one step ahead of them. The smugglers now connive with Dangote truck drivers. We started monitoring them from their loading spot to Sagamu interchange where the vehicle was intercepted,” he said.

He said the products in over 3,000 cartons were valued at N47,250,000.00 and had duty value of N20,250,000.

The dangote truck seized by men of the Nigeria Customs Service  The Nigeria Customs Service has seized a truck belonging to the Dangote ...

Kim Kardashian flaunts tiny waist in crop top


On Monday, Kim Kardashian showed off her slim tummy in a crop top while leaving an LA taping of her Keeping Up With The Kardashians show.

Instead of a big rock, she had on just a small wedding band as she has vowed to not wear as much bling since her October Paris heist.

More photos below:


On Monday, Kim Kardashian showed off her slim tummy in a crop top while leaving an LA taping of her Keeping Up With The Kardashians show. I...

Floyd Mayweather moves into his new $26million mansion in Beverly Hills


Floyd Mayweather has started living the luxurious life in his newly acquired $26million mansion in Beverly Hills.

The retired boxer who made $300 million from his Conor McGregor fight shared photos of him relaxing in the 15,000 square French Modern home.

The 40-year-old also showed off his amazing storage room for wine in bottles. The mansion which boasts of six bedrooms features a formal dining room with 10 sets of French doors, along with a paneled library and a family room featuring a cocktail bar and others.

See more photos below:


Floyd Mayweather has started living the luxurious life in his newly acquired $26million mansion in Beverly Hills. The retired boxer who mad...

Rihanna dazzles on the cover of Elle magazine

Rihanna looked amazing as she graced the covers of Elle magazine. See more photos below: 

Rihanna looked amazing as she graced the covers of Elle magazine. See more photos below: 

North Korea Reportedly Prepares for Another Nuclear Weapon Test

North Korean supreme leader, Kim Jong Un 

South Korea has detected signs that the North is preparing another missile launch, the defence ministry said Monday, adding it could involve an intercontinental ballistic missile.

The ministry said signs that North Korea was “preparing for another ballistic missile launch have consistently been detected since Sunday’s test”, referring to Pyongyang’s sixth nuclear test.


It did not give details, or indicate when a launch might take place.

Sunday’s blast had a strength of 50 kilotons, defence ministry officials told a parliamentary briefing. Pyongyang on Sunday triggered global alarm with by far its most powerful test to date, after it claimed it had successfully tested a hydrogen bomb that could be mounted onto a long-range missile, which analysts say is a major advancement in its nuclear programme.

“The explosive power of the North’s nuclear test is estimated to be 50 kilotons,” a senior ministry official told lawmakers at an emergency parliamentary briefing. That would make it five times the size of the North’s previous test in September last year, and more than three times bigger than the US device that destroyed Hiroshima in 1945.

The official did not confirm whether the tested device was a hydrogen bomb but said “a variety of nuclear material” appeared to have been used.

The North — which in July carried out two intercontinental ballistic missile (ICBM) launches that apparently brought much of the US mainland into range — has rapidly made progress with its weapons programme in defiance of seven sets of UN sanctions.

North Korean supreme leader, Kim Jong Un  South Korea has detected signs that the North is preparing another missile launch, the defence...

Buhari's US Trip is 'Fake and Ludicrous' News - FG Clears the Air

President Muhammadu Buhari 

The Federal Government, yesterday, dismissed an online report, that President Muhammad Buhari is headed to the United States of America, ostensibly on the invitation of President Donald Trump.

The report further claimed that the invitation was extended to Buhari, in February, shortly after Trump’s inauguration in January.


But, in a statement through the Minister of Information and Culture, Alhaji Lai Mohammed, the Federal Government debunked the report and branded it fake news.

Mohammed, said one of the numerous parody Twitter accounts in his name, @MohammedLai, was used to disseminate what he described as ‘fake and ludicrous’ news, which claimed that President Buhari is due to leave Nigeria for the USA, today, “to condole with President Trump over the floods in Houston, Texas.”

According to the report, the president was scheduled to leave his hometown, Daura, in Katsina State, by helicopter, at 9.15am, today, for the state’s airport.

It was also reported that Buhari was to combine the official visit to the US with his participation at the United Nations General Assembly (UNGA), in New York, from September 21 to 25, 2017.

When the reports surfaced, many questioned the rationale behind the planned visit especially as Makurdi, in Benue State, was hit with flood and many properties destroyed. But, Mohammed dismissed the report.

“News of the planned visit was circulated via a parody Twitter account and an old NTA news video that President Muhammadu Buhari is traveling or has travelled to the US.

‘’This is a 2015 NTA news video that was repackaged to look current, and to give the impression that the president left Daura, where he is celebrating Eid-el-Kabir, directly for New York.”

He said Nigerians should disregard any news credited to any account in his name, either on Twitter or Facebook, and added: ‘’Numerous parody accounts have been opened in my name on the two platforms, when, indeed, I have no Twitter or Facebook accounts.’’

The minister recalled how the same parody Twitter account disseminated a fake report that he sharply criticised Senator Dino Melaye for attending NottingHill Carnival in the United Kingdom.

He said these two instances highlight the dangers posed to the polity by purveyors of fake news and disinformation and vowed that the federal government would soon fish out those behind the shenanigan.

“Fake news, disinformation and hate speech are the antics of the naysayers, those who are pathologically opposed to this administration. That is why we are urging Nigerians to be more discerning and to doublecheck any information emanating from social media,’’ Mohammed added.

Also, the president’s Special Assistant on Social Media, Lauretta Onochie, through her Twitter handle, @Laurestar, said her boss had no plans to travel to the US.

“It’s not true that President Muhammadu Buhari is set for a US trip today. “President Buhari always inform Nigerians of his trips, even within Nigeria. He respects Nigerians. He will not sneak out without informing those who elected him to do a job,” she added.

President Muhammadu Buhari  The Federal Government, yesterday, dismissed an online report, that President Muhammad Buhari is headed to t...


Top